Solaredge SE7600A-US 7.66kW Grid Tie Inverter, With Rapid Shutdown
7.6kW Transformerless Single Phase Inverter
With Rapid Shutdown
SolarEdge just keeps making it easier and easier for us to go solar! Their single phase solar inverters now come with the Rapid Disconnect function, built in. This allows for compliance with NEC 2014 Rapid Shutdown code 690.12. Basically, when you turn on the safety switch that's on the front of the DC disonnect that's attached to the inverter, the array voltage drops to below 30 Vdc - all within 10 seconds. Since SolarEdge systems include a power optimizer at each solar panel that can shut off power coming from the roof, these systems are able to de-energize PV source circuits, satisfying Rapid Shutdown requirements. **No additional roof mounted devices are required with SolarEdge, which makes it an easier, more cost effective installation.
Now, with this system, emergency responders can de-energize the entire solar array within 10 seconds from a clearly-marked central switch before venturing onto a rooftop for firefighting. And we want our firefighters to be safe! As most of the PV systems are very well designed and installed, this is an added precaution to protect those that protect us.
See all of the other great features of this grid tie inverter below. One of the best features is that they allow installers to build strings of up to 5250 watts each, so they can do a 10kW array, for example, on just two strings!
Increased energy yield compared to traditional solar inverter systems:
- No power loss due to panel mismatch - because of the power optimizer at each solar panel
- Constraint-free design allows for utilization of more roof area
- Easy and cost efficient maintenance for increased up-time of your PV system
- During Installation: safe string voltage until inverter & AC supply are turned on
- Maintenance: safe string voltage with an automatic DC shutdown once inverter is turned off
- Emergency: safe string voltage with an automatic DC shutdown after grid disconnection or in reaction to high temperature
Peace of mind:
- Ability to monitor the PV system anytime, anywhere in order to guarantee optimal operation
- Module level, real-time alerts of system issues pinpointed on a virtual map, allow for quicker and easier troubleshooting of system
- Max Power per String = 5250 watts (350V X 15A)
- Integrated arc fault protection (Type 1) for NEC 2011 690.11 compliance
- Pre-assembled DC disconnect/safety switch for faster installation
- Small, lightweight and easy to install, by a single person on supplied bracket
- Outdoor and indoor installation - IP65 / NEMA 3R
- Fixed string voltage - allows for easier design with uneven string lengths, resulting in optimal inverter efficiency, reliability, and reduced install costs
- Module level MPPT - prevents energy loss due to module mismatch or partial shading; more quickly reacts to changes in sun irradiance and temperature, minimizing power loss on cloudy days, and increasing overall energy yield
- Built-in communication gateway with LAN and wireless connectivity options enable easy broadband connection to a remote monitoring server
- Free monitoring for 25 years
- Superior efficiency (>97%)
- Optional revenue grade data, ANSI C12.1
- Standard 12 Year Warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years - Click Here to purchase Extended Warranty)
See how easy it is to install and monitor the SolarEdge Solution!